It is notified for the information of all concerned that the Khushal Khan Khattak University Karak will reopen and recommence its academic activities during the COVID-19, as per following schedule:
- All university staff, including Deans, HoDs, teaching faculty, and essential staff shall attend the University from 15-09-2020.
- Students who need to complete their graduation requirements, including their theses/projects or lab requirements or students in programs that have to be taught or demonstrated on campus or MS/MPhil/PhD research scholars as deemed necessary by the department(s) will attend the University from 15-09-2020.
- New students admitted in Fall 2020 (i.e. 1st Semester Students) shall attend the University for face to face teaching/classes from 28-09-2020.
- Online classes will continue for all other students till complete re-opening of the University as and when announced by the Government.
- BA/BSc and MA/MSc (Part-I & Part-II) Annual Examinations 2020 shall be conducted as per previous practice/physical mode by observing the required SOPs.
In light of the above schedule, employees and students who are allowed to attend the University on the dates mentioned above must submit the following documents (specimen Uploaded on University Website) to their respective HoDs before attending the University:
- Health Declaration Form, duly signed by the employee/student stating that he/she is in good health (or, whether he/she has any health condition), and whether he/she has undergone any COVID-19 testing and/or treatment during the closure period. In case of student, the declaration must be signed by his/her parents/guardian as well.
- An Affidavit, duly signed by the employee/student to the effect that the he/she shall adhere to all safety protocols and other instructions in this regard, and that he/she will not hold the University liable if he/she contract the virus in spite of the safety protocols. In case of student, the declaration must be signed by his/her parents/guardian as well.
In addition to the SoPs notified by the Government, students, faculty, officers and staff of the University will also be required to comply with the following SoPs strictly, failing which they will not be allowed to enter the University premises:
- Wear a mask at all times when in a public space on campus.
- Maintain social/physical distancing of 6 feet in classrooms, laboratories, libraries, cafeteria, offices, corridors, and staircases etc.
- Maintain good hygiene practices. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water, or use a hand sanitizer, dry the hands before leaving the bathroom. Use a tissue (and dispose of it properly) or elbow’s crook when coughing or sneezing.
- Use only the designated entrances and exits.
- Review latest updates and general guidance provided by the University on the web portal to be designed specifically for updating COVID related information.
- Use communal facilities, e.g., kitchens, canteens, meeting rooms, printers and photo copiers, only in accordance with the designated protocols, as may be necessary to stagger usage or continue to hold remote meetings to maintain social distancing;
- Maintain and update a daily contacts diary: Where one goes, when, and whom he/she sees while on campus, must be recorded. This information may be asked at some public spaces on campus.
- Limiting movements: Moving too much around the campus shall be avoided. As much as possible everybody shall stick to his/her own space.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR STUDENTS ATTENDING THE UNIVERSITY DURING COVID-19
- Transport of the University will be operational keeping in view the strength of students attending face to face classes on campus.
- Canteens shall be operational as per required SOPs of the Government.
- In case of any suspected case of Covid-19, the focal person or any other staff member, as communicated by the University and displayed on official Website, may be contacted.
- University’s FM Radio will continue to spread awareness among the students regarding precautionary measures required to be taken in the wake of Covid-19.
- No gathering of any kind will be allowed in the premises of the University.
- Anyone found violating the safety protocol, procedure, instructions, and / or guidelines shall be subject to a strict disciplinary action.
- Students are advised to deposit fee(s) in the designated banks.
Keeping in view the COVID-19 situation, the University may change the above schedule, as per instructions of the Government.
This is issued with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Khushal Khan Khattak University