Khushal Khan Khattak
The above couplets make it clear that Khushal’s fight was not based on his personal greed or enmity. Fighting for the defense of motherland and for the rights of his compatriots is the struggle of peace and that is a noble cause. He fought up to the end of his life for the rights of oppressed people and for the freedom of his motherland. Thus, all of his struggles were for the establishment of peace. Translation of some of his couplets is given as under:
- "Be like an eagle that lives on peaks of mountains, and not like a crow of village that wanders around for food due to hunger."
- "An Honorable has only two tasks to perform, either he will give up his life or will achieve the target."
- "Only when the rust is removed from steel gradually, An arrow can be formed from decent steel."
- "The Man in the world is he, Who embrace the hardships."
- "The knowing, the perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self knowledge and insight lies knowledge of the holiest."
- "To My Mind Death is Better than Life When life can no Longer be Held with Honor."