Welcome to the department of Library and Information Sciences:
The Department of Library & Information Science (DLIS), Khushal Khan Khattak University Karak was established in January, 2015, under the chairmanship of Mr. Rahim Jan. This is the second LIS Department in the history of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (the then NWFP) which is launched in the public sector after a period of more than 60 years.
It has also the honor for taking on board highly qualified faculty including the two PhD’s and a number of M. Phil teaching staff.
The department currently offers the following programs.
- Bachelor of Science in Library & Information Science (BS-LIS) ------ 4 Year Program
- Master of Library & Information Science (MLIS) ------ 2 Year Program
- Master of Philosophy in Library & Information Science (M. Phil-LIS) ------ 2 Year Program (To be offered in near future).
Transforming the information profession through excellent academic teaching, learning, research and consultancy.
To promote academic excellence in teaching, learning, research and consultancy for the purpose of producing transformative and competent leaders in the information sciences.
- Academic excellence
- Transformative and competence
- Professionalism and integrity
- Innovative and creativity
- Responsive to change
- Commitment to quality customer service
- Protection and conservation of the environment