With reference to our advertisement No. 01/2021 for hiring of faculty, published in various newspapers on June 06 & 07, 2021 and uploaded on university website “https://www.kkkuk.edu.pk/adv-1-2021/”.
The Required Qualification & Experience at Serial No. 01 and 02 shall be read as “As per Higher Education Commission (HEC) Criteria”. The last dates for submission of application(s) shall be read as “July 06, 2021” and “July 19, 2021” for indigenous and abroad candidates respectively.
All other terms & conditions will remain the same.
Note: Following is the Advertisement no 1/2021 for quick reference published on 06-06-2021.
Advertisement No. 01/2021
The Khushal Khan Khattak University, Karak is a Public-Sector University, Chartered by the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The University offers the following Faculty Positions:
Required Qualification & Experience
a) Psychology (01)
b) Communication & Media Studies (01)
c) Botany (01)
d) Zoology (01)
e) Physics (01)
f) Mathematics (01)
g) Chemistry (01)
h) Computer Science (01)
i) Bio-Informatics (01)
j) English (01)
k) Library and Information Science (01)
l) Management Science (01)
m) Geology (01)
PhD from an HEC recognized Institution in the relevant field.
15-years teaching/research experience in HEC recognized University or a post-graduate Institution or professional experience in the relevant field in a National or International organization.
10-years post-PhD teaching/research experience in a recognized University or a post-graduate Institution or professional experience in the relevant field in a National or International organization.
Minimum No. of Publications:
The applicant must have 15 research publications (with at least 5 publications in the last 5 years in the HEC recognized Journals).
Associate Professor (BPS-20)
(a) Psychology (01)
(b) Communication & Media Studies (01)
(c) Botany (01)
(d) Zoology (01)
(e) Physics (01)
(f) Mathematics (01)
(g) Chemistry (01)
(h) Computer Science (01)
(i) English (01)
PhD in the relevant field from HEC recognized University/Institution.
10-years teaching/research experience in an HEC recognized University or a post-graduate Institution or professional experience in the relevant field in a National or International organization.
5-years post-PhD teaching/research experience in an HEC recognized University or a post-graduate Institution or professional experience in the relevant field in a National or International organization.
Minimum No. of Publications:
The applicant must have 10 research publications (with at least 4 publications in the last 5 years in the HEC recognized Journals).
Assistant Professor (TTS)
(a) Psychology (01)
(b) Botany (01)
(c) Zoology (01)
(d) Computer Science (01)
Ph.D Degree/Terminal Qualification in the relevant field (from an HEC recognized Institution) and excellent written, communication and presentation skills.
Note: HEC updated criteria shall be followed.
(a) Psychology (02)
(b) Botany (02)
(c) Zoology (02)
(d) Mathematics (02)
(e) Chemistry (02)
(f) Bio-Informatics (02)
First Class MS/MPhil/equivalent degree awarded after 18 years of education in the relevant field from an HEC recognized University/Institution with no 3rd division in the academic career.
Condition of no 3rd division shall not be applicable in the qualification of appointment as lecturer in Universities or Degree Awarding Institutions provided that the candidate holds a higher degree viz PhD or equivalent degree with not more than one 3rd division in entire academic career.
- The applicant(s) should apply for the advertised post(s) on the prescribed form, downloadable from the University’s website (www.kkkuk.edu.pk/download) and also available in the Office of the University Registrar, along with the prescribed non-refundable application(s) processing fee in the form of Demand Draft in favor of Treasurer, Khushal Khan Khattak University, Karak or Bank Deposit/Online Receipt in A/C No. IBAN PK56 UNIL 0109 0002 4706 0139 UBL Branch, Karak City (1369), as per following detail:
- Rs. 3000/- (non-refundable) for BPS-21.
- Rs. 2500/- (non-refundable) for BPS-20.
- Rs. 2000/- (non-refundable) for BPS-19.
- Rs. 1500/- (non-refundable) for BPS-18.
- In addition to the above application processing fee, an amount of Rs. 4500/- and Rs. 3500/- should also be deposited by the applicant(s) for the post of Professor and Associate Professor respectively (as fee for evaluation of the research publications).
- The applicant(s) should submit attested copies of all degrees, diplomas, certificates etc. with 02 recent passport size photographs.
- The applicant(s) for the post of Professor and Associate Professor should prepare a dossier containing four sets of the following documents with the application(s) form:
- List of research publications showing names of publications, journals in which they are published, and their year of publication.
- Reprints of the publications along with title pages of the journals.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- The University may demand any other additional document(s) as and when required.
- Candidate(s) serving in the Government, Semi-Government or Autonomous Institutions should route their application(s) through proper channel and must provide No Objection Certificate from the employer(s) before the closing date of applications.
- The application(s) along with all aforementioned attachments/documents should reach the office of the Registrar on or before June 30, 2021 from indigenous and July 12, 2021 from abroad candidates. In case of a public holiday, the next working day will be considered as the last date.
- Age limit shall be strictly followed as per Statutes of the University.
- The candidate(s) having a Foreign Degree/Certificate shall provide an Equivalency Certificate from HEC/IBCC before the closing date of applications, as the case may be.
- Incomplete application(s) or application(s) received after the closing date will not be entertained.
- Separate application shall be submitted for each post.
- The eligibility of a candidate shall be determined on the basis of data /qualifications and experience(s) provided till the closing date of submission of the application.
- Degrees/Diplomas/Certificates issued by the HEC recognized Universities/ Institutions and Government recognized Boards will be acceptable.
- Only eligible candidates will be called for the test (for the position mentioned at serial no. 4 i.e Lecturer); further, shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview as per rules.
- Legal action may be taken if any document is found fake.
- Merit for selection will be determined/made as per the Khushal Khan Khattak University, Karak relevant rules.
- Landline, Telephone, Mobile No., Postal and email address must be clearly written in the Application form.
- No TA/DA will be paid for test/interview.
- CGPA less than 3.00/4.00 will not be considered as first division.
- All reserved quota(s) will be observed as and when admissible. In case of special person, the candidate will have to submit a certificate regarding his/her disability from the relevant office.
- Errors/Omissions (if any) by the University are liable for rectification
Khushal Khan Khattak University, Karak