Welcome to the Department of Library & Information Sciences
The Department of Library and Information Science, KKKUK will expand its leadership role in preparing information professionals to meet the needs of global information society. LIS graduates will continue to serve as intermediaries between information and information seekers, as well as serve crucial roles in a wide variety of settings with increasingly sophisticated technological tools. The diverse faculty of LIS will contribute individual strengths to increase the quality of teaching, research, and service that will boost the department as a center of excellence in near future.
The department of Library and Information Science (DLIS) provides and supports resources, research, and service for education and leadership to the library and information sciences community and prepares information professionals of the highest quality to serve dynamic roles in the state, nation, and the world.
The department of Library and Information Khushal Khan Khattak University, Karak has the following objectives:
- To prepare the professional librarians in the field of Library and Information Science.
- Preparing the prospective librarian for changing the traditional and obsolete methods and techniques to new one in the field of librarianship.
- To prepare the prospective librarians and knowledge managers to play their role in the enhancement of readership rate in the province, country and abroad.
- To further compete and contribute in the field of Library and Information discipline in effective manner.
- To produce highly skilled men power for the academic development of LIS profession.