Re Tender Notice
Khushal Khan Khattak University, Karak invites Sealed Bids on the basis of Single Stage two envelope Process from the eligible Firms/ Contractors having valid registration with Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) in the category C-3 or above and Enlisted & renewed for the year 2018-19 for the following Higher Education Commission Funded Project.
|S. No||Name of the Project||Name of Work||
|Date of submission of Technical and Financial Bids||Date of opening of Technical Bids|
|1.||Provision of Academic Block||Construction of Academic Block at Khushal Khan Khattak University at Karak||
|Submission 06/02/2019 at 02:00 PM||Opening 06/02/2019 at 02:30 PM|
The Terms and Conditions are as under:
- Application on letterhead of the company/firm must be submitted to the office of Project Coordinator during office hours (08 AM – 04 PM) along with the following photocopy documents for issuance of bidding documents not later than December 27, 2018.
- National Identity Card.
- Pakistan Engineering Council Registration copy for the year 2018-19.
- Registration with the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Revenue Authority.
- Tender Documents will be issued to the contractor/person whose names exist in Form-H / Partnership deed of the firm or having authority letter from the same, from 03-01-2019 to 15-01-2019 during office hours on cash payment of Rs. 10,000/- (non-refundable).
- Pre-Bid meeting will be held on 22-01-2019 at 11:00 AM in the main hall of this University.
- Sealed bids shall reached till February 06, 2019 before 02:00 PM (Pakistan Standard Time) to the Project Coordinator Office through courier and Technical bids will be opened on the same day at 02:30 PM in the Main hall of of this University, in the presence of the Bidders and Project implementation Committee. No bid shall be considered for opening, if submitted by hand or any unregistered source or after the above-mentioned time.
- The Contractors / Bidders are required to send their Bids in sealed envelope clearly marked as Technical Bid (Two set, one original and one photocopy) while the second envelope containing bid price, clearly marked as Financial Bid.
- Earnest Money 2% of the estimated cost in the shape of Call Deposit on the name of Project Coordinator, Khushal Khan Khattak University Karak must be accompanied with the Financial Bid and an affidavit needs to be attached with technical bid that depicts the same.
- Documents including attested updated copy of PEC Registration (Renewed for 2018-19), CNIC and NTN Certificates shall be accompanied with Technical Bid documents.
- Every page of the Tender documents must be stamped and signed by the person whose names exist in Form-H / Partnership deed.
- The Contractors will quote their rates on above / below basis on Estimated Cost mentioned in BOQ / Tender form for Evaluation of bids. The contractors / bidders who quote their bids / rates more than 10% below of the Engineering Estimate shall also enclose an additional security in form of call deposit equal to 8% of the bid cost. After commencement of work by the successful bidder 8% call deposit may be replaced with a bank guarantee of the same amount from the scheduled bank and the additional security shall be released to the contractor in four installments i.e. 25% to be released after completing 25% of the project, 50% to be released upon 50% completion, 75% to be released upon 75% completion and the remaining amount to be released after completion of the project. In case the bidder quotes more than 10% below the estimated cost and the bid is not accompanied by the additional security, then the bid shall be considered as non-responsive and the 2nd lowest bidder and so on will be considered accordingly.
- All Federal and Provincial duties / stamp duties / taxes including sales tax etc shall be recoverable as per directives of the Government issued from time to time.
- If any documents submitted along with the bid documents found forged / false, the registration of the contractor / Firm shall be cancelled / Black listed.
- Any disfiguring / overwriting manipulation in the Tender shall be liable to rejection.
- Two Figures after the decimal (without rounding) of the rate will be consider for evaluation of the bid.
- Incomplete / Conditional bid shall not be accepted.
- The bidders are advised to visit the site of the projects before submission of their bids.
- Bids will be valid for 90 days from the date of acceptance by the competent authority.
- The “Financial Bids” of only Technically qualified bidders will be opened in the presence of bidders / their representatives, who may like to attend, in the office of the Vice Chancellor, Khushal Khan Khattak University Karak, whereas the Financial Bids of Technically non responsive Bidders shall be returned unopened to the respective contractors.
- In case of equal bid 1st, 2nd and 3rd etc, the lowest bidder would be decided through toss/ draw by the undersigned.
- The procuring entity may reject all bids or proposals at any time prior to the acceptance of a bid or proposals. The procurement entity shall upon request communicate to any contractor who submitted a bid or proposal, the ground for rejection of the bid or proposal as per KPPPRA 47(1).
- The NIT is also available at the following websites: kkkuk.edu.pk and www.kppra.gov.pk