Welcome to the Department of Geology:
About the Field:
The science of Geology examines earth materials, processes, and history. Geologists search for petroleum, natural gas, and mineral resources. They study processes acting at the Earth’s surface, such as flooding and landslides, and those generated in the interior, such as earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. Geologists study the history of our planet, including the evolution of life and changes in the atmosphere, oceans, and climate over time. Geologists are employed by the petroleum and mining industries, government agencies (geologic surveys, construction companies and land management agencies), and academia.
WHY GEOLOGY IN KHUSHAL KHAN KHATTAK UNIVERSITY..???
- Karak is the Energy Capital of Pakistan, contributed 48% of crude oil production of the country.
- Understanding geology is fundamental to the exploration for hydrocarbon resources and this is why we offer Geology degree at Karak. However, before such specialism can be made, a basic knowledge of the way the Earth works is vital to the understanding of the nature and origin of Earth Resources.
- Karak is ideally geographically located for the study of geology, having some world- class field sites of exploration and production close at hand which can be conveniently visited on day courses.
- Academia – Industry linkage makes Department of Geology, KKKUK a prominent institute.
A BRIGHT FUTURE
- Keeping in view the need of Geosciences in the region and to overcome the Energy crises of KP and Pakistan, Department of Geology,Khushal Khan Khattak University, Karak makes an importance for Oil and Gas Companies due to concentration of all Exploration and Production activities in the southern districts of KP & FATA. Initiation of Department of Geology is first phase of establishment of “Center for Renewable & Non- Renewable Energy Studies”. The best is yet to come.