KHUSHAL KHAN KHATTAK UNIVERSITY, KARAK
Public Sector University
ADMISSIONS OPEN FALL-2019
Last date for submission of admission forms: 6th September 2019
|Prospectus issuance (United Bank Limited Karak)||9th August 2019|
|Last date for submission of admission forms||6th September 2019|
|Display of Provisional 1st Merit List on the Departmental Notice Board and University Website/Interview||11th September 2019|
|Interview (Open/Quota) and Deposit of Admission Dues||12th- 14th September 2019|
|Display of 2nd Provisional Merit List||16th September 2019|
|Interview (Open/Quota) and Deposit of Admission Dues||17th – 18th September 2019|
|Display of 3rd (Final) Provisional Merit List||19th September 2019|
|Interview (Open/Quota) and Deposit of Admission Dues||20th September 2019|
|Commencement of Classes||23rd September 2019|
BS 04 Years Programs
|1||B.S (Communication & Media Studies)||FA/F.Sc/DAE or equivalent with at least 45% Marks|
|2||B.S (Library & Information Sciences)||FA/F.Sc or equivalent with at least 45% Marks|
|3||BS (English)||Intermediate with at least 45% Marks|
|4||BS (Bio-Informatics)||F.Sc (Pre-Medical/Pre- Engineering)/ICS, A Level) or equivalent with at least 2nd Division|
|5||BS (Computer Science)||Intermediate/DAE/Equivalent with subject of Mathematics, Computer Science and information Technology with at least 45% marks from recognized board.|
|6||BBA||FA/F.Sc or intermediate with at least 45% Marks|
|7||BS Geology||F.Sc (Pre-Eng/Medical/Computer Science/DAE) or equivalent with at least 2nd Division|
|8||BS Physics||Science Intermediate with Physics as one Subject, minimum Second division (45% marks) or Three years diploma in Associate Engineering (DAE) equivalent to F.Sc|
|9||BS Applied Physics (Nanotechnology)||Science Intermediate with minimum Second division (45% marks) with Pre-Medical/Pre-Engineering/DAE equivalent to F.Sc|
|10||BS Chemistry||Science Intermediate with Chemistry as one Subject, minimum Second division (45% marks) or Three years diploma in Associate Engineering (DAE) equivalent to F.Sc|
|11||BS Zoology||F.Sc (Pre-Medical) or equivalent with at least 2nd Division|
|12||BS Botany||F.Sc (Pre-Medical) or equivalent with at least 2nd Division|
|13||BS Mathematics||F.Sc (Pre-Eng)/DAE or equivalent with at least 2nd Division|
|14||BS Psychology||FA/F.Sc or equivalent with at least 45% marks|
|1||M.A (Communication & Media Studies)||BA/B.Sc or equivalent with at least 45% marks|
|2||MLIS (Library & Information Sciences)||BA/B.Sc or equivalent with at least 45% marks|
(Post Graduate Programs)
|1||MS Management Sciences (Evening)||1. Relevant Master’s Degree or 4–years relevant education after intermediate with minimum CGPA 2.5 in Semester System or 2nd Division in Annual System
2. Candidate must pass GAT-General/Equivalent conducted by the National Testing Service with a minimum 50% cumulative score will be required at the time of admission to M.S.
3. Must qualify the departmental interview
|2||Ph.D Management Sciences (Evening)||
1. Minimum CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0 in the semester system or first division in the annual system M.Phil/MS/Equivalent Degree in relevant subject
2. Candidate must pass GAT-Subject conducted by NTS or ETS. USA in the area of specialization chosen at PhD Level. In case of GAT Subject Test conducted by NTS a minimum of 60% marks are required.
|3||M. Phil (Library and Information Science) (Evening)||
1. Candidate possessing at least 2nd class or CGPA 2.5 out of 4.00 in M.Sc./MA degree or sixteen years of education or an equivalent qualification in Library and Information Science from any recognized University and having good overall previous academic record will be eligible for admission to M.Phil/M.S.
2. Candidates must have qualified ETS-GRE (General)/NTS-GAT (General) with at least 50% marks.
|4||MS Computer Science (Evening)||
1. BS (CS) 4 Years Degree Programme (min 130 credit hours)
2. Computer Science Conversion Course 2 Years Degree Programme referred to as “MCS” or “M.Sc. (CS)”.
3. BCS-3Years Degree Programme-Student will be required to complete all the deficiency of difference of total credit hours and 130 credit hours.
4. 16 years Science and Engineering graduates are eligible but they have to cover deficiency.
5. With minimum CGPA 2.50/4.00 or 60% marks in annual system.
6. Candidates must have qualified ETS-GRE (General)/NTS-GAT (General) with at least 50% marks.
NOTE: The qualified GAT-General/GAT-Subject Test conducted by National Testing Services (NTS) for Kohat University of Science & Technology, Kohat or any other Public Sector University for admissions in the same MS/M.Phil/PhD programs will also be accepted.
Note: The University offers various Scholarships/Financial Assistance to needy and talented students through Merit Scholarships, HEC Need Based Scholarships, MORA Scholarships, National Bank Loan Scheme, DIYA Scholarships, Disable Scholarships, and other Scholarships.
HOW TO APPLY
- Prospectus along with admission application form can be obtained from United Bank Limited, Karak branch by depositing an amount of Rs.500/- in favor of Treasurer Khushal Khan Khattak University Karak. Admission application form can also be downloaded from University website i.e. www.kkkuk.edu.pk/downloads and the fee can be deposited online in account # 000234929164 United Bank Limited Karak Branch.
- Candidates applying for more than two disciplines must submit additional application form for each discipline and required to appear once for interview before the departmental admission committee.
- Reserved Seats for Master and Bachelor Programs
- Erstwhile FATA 02%
- Balochistan 02 seats
- Other Province 01 seat (each)
- Disable 01 seat
- Hafiz ul Quran 01 seat
- Sports 02 seats
- Gilgit Baltistan Students 02 seats
- Chitral Students 02 seats
Note: 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, and 3.8 are excluding open merits.
NOTE: Pick and drop facility for local students on designated routes and hostel accommodation for female students in Girls Hostel, Govt. Girls Degree College KDA Karak will be provided as per the University policy.
Forms complete in all respect along with the following documents must reach the office of the concerned teaching department before the closing date:
- Bank Receipt/Draft of Rs.500/- in favor of Treasurer, Khushal Khan Khattak University, Karak must be attached with admission application form.
- All educational documents duly attested must be attached with application form along with 03 passport size recent photographs.
- Admitted students shall submit Migration Certificate and Affidavit within 15 days after fee deposit.
- All Candidates are directed to bring their Original documents at the time of interview.
- An Affidavit on Rs.50/- judicial stamp paper shall be submitted along with the application form by the student as well as parents/guardians to the effect that the student shall not participate in any political activity during his study period.
- In-service candidates must have to apply through proper channel and have to produce NOC and leave certificate for completion of course work.
- Incomplete admission forms shall not be entertained.